Wow, has this year gone by fast! I can’t believe that it is already December. Even though it’s already December, it doesn’t feel like it. It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving has passed and the heart of winter is almost here.
Anyway, I came across a list of Yooper Stereotypes and it’s quite interesting.
Here is the list:
- Yoopers Are Ridiculously Proud Of Being Yoopers.
- Yoopers Could Survive The Next Ice Age No Problem.
- Yoopers Are A Bunch Of Cheese Heads.
- Yoopers Are Hard Core Hunters.
- Yoopers Are Euchre Fanatics.
- Yoopers Are A Tight-Knit Bunch.
- Yoopers Don’t Like Tourists.
- But Yoopers Are Still The Friendliest People You’ll Ever Meet.
- Yoopers Are Rural And Loving It.
- Yoopers Are Beer Guzzlers, And They Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way.
To be honest I am new to the area, so I don’t know how accurate this is. From my experience so far, I would say that most of this is pretty accurate, but some of it I would have to question. For example, I don’t think that all Yoopers are Packer fans. I know that Detroit is roughly 9 hours away, but I know a few Lions fans as well as Viking fans. I also question the statement that all Yoopers are Euchre Fanatics. I’ve heard that some Yoopers play Smear instead. I know neither of those games. However, for the most part this list is true, Yoopers are some of the friendliest people I know. I’ve enjoyed my time thus far and I look forward to the days to come.