Fall colors are here and you don't want to miss out!
The colors are everywhere so you don't have to go far to see the beauty of nature in Iron County, Michigan, but if you feel like taking an adventure you have plenty to explore and have we mentioned you can drive 1,200 square miles and run into only #onestoplight?!
We get asked about “cool spots” so we've created a few helpful guides. Take a look at our :
- Locally Picked Top Spots & Must See Waterfalls - From Bond Falls to Black River Harbor, time is the only thing you'll wish you had more of!
- Complete Upper Peninsula Waterfall Map - See all the waterfalls the UP has to offer!
- Locally Picked Day Trips
- Horse Race Rapids – Near Crystal Falls just off of US-2 south of Crystal Falls, MI on airport Rd
- Copper Harbor / Brockway Mountain Drive & Jampot – Copper Harbor is another must see! After you visit Copper Harbor, stop at the Brockway Mountain overlook, then continue on Brockway Mountain Drive to Jampot! Make sure your camera is charged, you’re going to want to get pictures along the way!
(appx 19mi / 1 hr*) – Copper Harbor to Jampot map (courtesy of Google Maps)
- L’anse / Canyon Falls / Sturgeon River Gorge / Falls River – This loop is another top pick. Drive about 10 miles from L’Anse to Canyon Falls. From there head about an hour to Sturgeon River Gorge taking in the national forest and quiet of nature. After you stop, head another hour back towards L’Anse making one last stop at Falls River Waterfall! (appx 65mi / 2.5 hrs*) – L’Anse to Falls River loop map (courtesy of Google Maps)
- *Please add in time for your stops, pictures, and picnics! These are only estimates.